NLT sends out a monthly prayer letter by email. If you would like to receive it, please email us on email@example.com and let us know your email address. We will include you in the distribution. Please be assured that we will not share your email address with any third party.
MAIN PRAYER POINTS – UPDATED JANUARY 2017
Nepal Leprosy Trust is a Christian Charity and has relied greatly on the prayers of many supporters over the years.
Prayer has kept our staff safe, it has protected us during difficult times, it has helped our work to flourish and make a real impact on the lives of those we are helping. It has opened God’s treasure house at times of particular need, and it has helped to make sure that God is honoured in our work in many ways. Prayer remains a very important way of supporting the work of NLT and we are very grateful for all those who do
pray for NLT. The list below includes some of the key issues that currently need your prayer:
- Nepal still has a long way to go to recover from the earthquakes that occurred in 2015. Please pray for the thousands still living in temporary accommodation, and communities coping with no school buildings, etc.
- Please pray that the relief finance is able to get through the bureaucracy to reach the poeple who need it to rebuild.
- Our patients, some of whom have suffered terribly before they arrive at Lalgadh. Pray that our staff can help them to heal physically, mentally and spiritually.
- Our staff who have to cope with more 600 patients visiting on a busy day, when temperatures may be over 40
degrees centigrade, and who have to travel extensively for field work in the surrounding communities.
- For the people who help us such as Dr Graeme Clugston and his wife Meena, who are based at Lalgadh, and the hand surgeon Dr Donald Sammut who comes annually with his team to undertake reconstructive hand surgery operations at Lalgadh.
- The staff at Kathmandu as they begin to move back in to the headquarters building which was partially demolished and then re-modelled, due to the road-widening taking place currently. The road outside the office is a mud-bath as services and drainage are laid, and life is not easy.
- Continued success in finding new leprosy cases and reducing the prevalence of the disease.
- Travel in Nepal is often unsafe due to poor roads, landslides, dangerous driving conditions, etc. Please pray for our field staff as they go out to remote villages to take our leprosy services to people nearer their homes.
- At Lalgadh, staff have begun a new project that will improve the outpatient facilities and some of the infrastructure at Lalgadh. It is a large building project that is well under way and some new buildings are nearly ready for use. Please pray that the commisionning process will be managed well and that the buildings will contribute positively to the work at Lalgadh.
- Nepal can be a challenging place healthwise, and our staff would appreciate your prayer support in this regard.
- Hem Pradhan has been managing the community department for a number of years and is now overdue
retirement. It is proving difficult to find a successor for Hem who has the right blend of experience and ethos to take the work forward. Please pray that the right person will be found.
- We need more orders for the various products made in our workshops. The economic climate has made it difficult for many Fair Trade organizations. Please pray that new markets will open up and existing markets will get stronger for products made by NLT in Nepal.
- Please pray for a stable and healthy government in Nepal.
- There is an increasing problem in the Christian churches of Nepal of false teaching. Please pray that this threat will be firmly withstood by the churches.
- There is continued pressure on the Nepal government from militant Hindu groups, to clamp down on minority religions like Christianity and local authorities have made life difficult for some Christian groups. Please pray that this oppression will diminish.
- Please pray for the staff and particularly the senior managers in NLT Nepal, as they face many daily challenges in their work for people affected by leprosy, and as they develop NLT Nepal to cope with the growing demands on its services.
- Please pray that our God will be glorified in all the work areas of NLT, and that the people we serve will be blessed by that work.