NLT sends out a monthly prayer letter by email. If you would like to receive it, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your email address. We will include you in the distribution. Please be assured that we will not share your email address with any third party.
MAIN PRAYER POINTS – UPDATED July 2019
Nepal Leprosy Trust is a Christian Charity and has relied greatly on the prayers of many supporters over the years.
Prayer has kept our staff safe, it has protected us during difficult times, it has helped our work to flourish and make a real impact on the lives of those we are helping. It has opened God’s treasure house at times of particular need, and it has helped to make sure that God is honoured in our work in many ways. Prayer remains a very important way of supporting the work of NLT and we are very grateful for all those who do
pray for NLT. The list below includes some of the key issues that currently need your prayer:
- For Kamal and his team regarding the negotiations for NLT’s next 5-year Project Agreement (2018-2023) which are more complicated this time because of increased compliance requirements
introduced by the Nepal Government.
- For the many people affected by the flooding this July which has been widespread and devastating in many districts of Nepal. A significant number of the vulnerable people affected by leprosy that we support in special ways, have been badly hit by these floods, with loss of housing and crops, etc.
- For more customers for the handicrafts made by NLT Nepal. The economic climate has made it difficult for many Fair Trade organizations. Please pray that new markets will open up and existing markets will get stronger for products made by NLT in Nepal.
- For our patients, some of whom have suffered terribly before they arrive at Lalgadh. Pray that our staff can help them to heal physically, mentally and spiritually.
- For our staff who have to cope with more 600 patients visiting on a busy day, when temperatures may be over 40
degrees centigrade, and who have to travel extensively for field work in the surrounding communities.
- For the hand surgeon Dr Donald Sammut who will come in November 2019 with his team to undertake reconstructive hand surgery operations at Lalgadh.
- For the ongoing official registration process of the hospital with the government, which has been slow to progress and complicated.
- For nurse Ruku whose cancer treatment is ongoing and expensive; do pray for her to discover the comfort and help of the Lord Jesus at this challenging time.
- For Dr Graeme Clugston and his wife Meena as they wait for visas and their next steps.
- For the short term visitors to Lalgadh – for health and safety.
- for safety in travel which is often unsafe in Nepal due to poor roads, landslides, dangerous driving conditions, etc. Please pray for our field staff as they go out to remote villages to take our leprosy services to people nearer their homes.
- At Lalgadh, the new outpatient facilities are in use and are really helping the staff and patients with improved consultation and waiting spaces. Please pray that this will help us to provide a better service and also help Lalgadh towards increased sustainability.
- Nepal can be a challenging place healthwise, and our staff would appreciate your prayer support in this regard.
- For Ramesh Chaudary as he develops the Community Department after taking over from Hem Pradhan early last year.
- Please pray for a stable and healthy government in Nepal.
- Please pray for the little church at Lalgadh, that it continues to be a light for the Gospel in a difficult place.
- Please pray for the staff and particularly the senior managers in NLT Nepal, as they face many daily challenges in their work for people affected by leprosy, and as they develop NLT Nepal to cope with the growing demands on its services.
- Please pray that our God will be glorified in all the work areas of NLT, and that the people we serve will be blessed by that work.