NLT sends out a monthly prayer letter by email. If you would like to receive it, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your email address. We will include you in the distribution. Please be assured that we will not share your email address with any third party.
MAIN PRAYER POINTS – UPDATED March 2021
Nepal Leprosy Trust is a Christian Charity and has relied greatly on the prayers of many supporters over the years.
Prayer has kept our staff safe, it has protected us during difficult times, it has helped our work to flourish and make a real impact on the lives of those we are helping. It has opened God’s treasure house at times of particular need, and it has helped to make sure that God is honoured in our work in many ways. Prayer remains a very important way of supporting the work of NLT and we are very grateful for all those who do pray for NLT. The list below includes some of the key issues that currently need your prayer:
- Lalgadh is continuing to provide services through this period of lockdown and uncertainty, but medical staff are operating with caution and the use of PPE for all activity. Please pray for our staff, for families in the surrounding communities potentially affected, for people to understand how they can prevent the rapid spread of corona, and for care given to be safe and effective. All of our staff have now been vaccinated and are looking to be part of the team vaccinating the local people soon. Please pray for the authorities to be supportive and constructive.
- Our flow of regular general patients, is only about 25% of normal and so the revenue generated from them is much less than normal. All our leprosy work is given free of charge, but we do rely on the income from our general services to support 50% of the running costs of the organisation. The greatly reduced income is having an impact on our ability to continue to function, and we are enormously grateful for the generosity of many supporters who have donated towards these running costs. Please pray that the Lord will continue to supply what is needed to get us through in Nepal.
- Government hospitals have also struggled in this way and some have gone bankrupt, unable to pay staff or buy supplies. Please pray for the health system in Nepal as it is always the poor who are worst affected by these problems.
- Kamal and his team are working in Kathmandu with reduced order levels and share the same impact from this on their work and revenue. Please pray for encouragements for Kamal and his staff.
- Please pray for NLT products to become more widely known and for our customer base to grow during 2021. Many of our staff come from marginalised backgrounds and some are affected by leprosy themselves.
- Please pray for Dr Clugston and his wife Meena as they continue to serve at Lalgadh in the midst of the corona pandemic. Being older, they are likely to be more at risk from the effects of Covid-19 if they are infected. Pray for good health and the Lord’s protection. Dr Clugston will be preparing the medical team for the expanded work as he approaches his retirement in a couple of years.
- Our patients need much prayer as some of them have suffered terribly before they arrive at Lalgadh. Pray that our staff can help them to heal physically, mentally and spiritually
- The ongoing official registration process of the hospital with the government is still not complete yet. Please pray that the government offices will assist in this as although it has taken some steps forward, it keeps stalling.
- For safety in travel which is often unsafe in Nepal due to poor roads, landslides, dangerous driving conditions, especially at this monsoon time.
- For favour with the new municipal and provincial authorities as the new federal structure in Nepal develops and settles.
- Nepal can be a challenging place healthwise, and our staff would appreciate your prayer support in this regard.
- Please pray for a stable and healthy government in Nepal.
- Please pray for the little church at Lalgadh, that it continues to be a light for the Gospel in a difficult place.
- Please pray for the staff and particularly the senior managers in NLT Nepal, as they face many daily challenges in their work for people affected by leprosy, and as they develop NLT Nepal to cope with the growing demands on its services.
- Please pray that our God will be glorified in all the work areas of NLT, and that the people we serve will be blessed by that work.
- For Mainudin Dafali as he continues cancer Treatment in India for his tongue and for his anxious wife Sakila who is also coping with a new baby. Also please pray for funds needed for his care and treatment. He is concerned he may have to sell parts of the very small plot of land he has to support his costs. We at NLT are praying that the Lord will help him with these costs. Mainudin has been with NLT since the beginning and is an important part of our community work.